Saturday, August 29, 2015

Blog Intro


My first blog post ever! When I first learned that I would have to take writing 101, I was a little bummed out. I have always viewed myself as more of a math/science guy, and I thought my writing days were behind me. I grudgingly scrolled through the various courses within writing 101, but as soon as I saw "Decoding Disney" I was ecstatic! After reading the course description I could not believe that this was an actual course offered by Duke, and I couldn't imagine anyone else wanting to take any other writing seminar. The minutes leading up to registrations were filled with stress as I knew WAY more than 12 people felt the same way I did about Disney. I was one of the lucky ones to squeeze my way into the class and now I have a lot of jealous friends (one friend was even trying to bribe me into letting him take my spot!). My whole family loves Disney and I have been to Disney World too many times to keep track of. I am so excited to learn about and intellectually discuss Disney films as well as Disney as a global company. It seems like there is a great mix of students in our class, and its great having a professor who is so enthusiastic about the course. My favorite Disney character is WALL-E and my favorite ride at Disney World is the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140429123637/disney/images/8/85/Wall-e.jpg.jpg
http://cdn.wdwmagic.com/imgstore/ElementGalleryItems/attractions/Fullsize/Rock-n-Roller-Coaster-Starring-Aerosmith_Full_3374.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment