Wednesday, September 9, 2015

WALL-E and being a movie critic

I watched the first half of WALL-E today, and I loved it as much as I had remembered. Because I will be writing about WALL-E for an essay, I made sure to concentrate on the film's messages and I was surprised to find how many things I had not noticed the first time watching the film. When I watched Tarzan for the first time on Tuesday, my brain was half asleep and my concentration was just enough to follow the plot and enjoy the images and music. Having already known the plot of WALL-E in addition to actively analyzing the film, I was able to observe tons of themes, symbols, and other intricacies that I glossed over the first time watching. With the mindset that the writers created everything deliberately, I was able to find meaning where I had not seen it before. One of the first articles we read in writing 101, told us to be active (rather then passive) readers and engage the text. By engaging the film I was able to get a lot more out of it, and it may have even been more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment